Big Wave Digital is delighted to be partnering with Universal Music Australia (UMA) in the search for a new Creative Synchronisation Manager.
This is a challenging, eclectic but rewarding role. Of course, the main premise and underlying foundation of the role is to LOVE MUSIC, you’ll be adept at recognising and classifying music from all eras and genres.
From Tame Impala, to Vera Blue, to Kanye and Queen – you’ve got it covered! You are inherently a music connoisseur.
This is not your ordinary standard Creative role as it is multi-faceted and as such requires you to be able to wear a multitude of different hats.
Specifically the role encompasses several key areas that are worth exploring further:
- Creative pitching of local and international Universal and EMI Repertoire
- Harness relationships with new and existing clients
- Curate USYNC Playlists with new releases and maintain catalogue playlists
- Liaise with A&R teams on bespoke opportunities
- Liaise with Artist Development on artist strategies and sync opportunities and support marketing campaigns on a domestic and global scale
- Manage monthly e-marketing and communications targeting new and existing partners, internal and international comms.
- Manage International sync requests for Australian repertoire
- Research market trends and patterns for future opportunities.
- Account Management of Film clients including pitching and negotiations.
- Your crazy obsession with music knows no bounds!
- You absolutely love watching Film, TV, listening to soundtracks and you appreciate creative advertising.
- You have exposure in either creative pitching or business development within the agency or media landscape. You may have some sync/licensing experience.
- You have an impeccable eye for detail and outstanding organisation. Some may say you have OCD tendencies…
- You are incredibly persuasive and can talk the back legs off a donkey.
- You have proven customer service skills and will go above and beyond for internal and external contacts.
- You’re a Microsoft Office super user and also a nerd for learning new systems. Your friends go to you for the expert help in PowerPoint and design.
- You’re a confident presenter and feel comfortable in a face-to-face client landscape.
- You get along with all kinds of different people and believe that collaboration is key.
The role is about being ‘the music and artist conduit’, in being the person that assists in the ‘marriage’ of what music and artist would fit where in a commercial sense. But, perhaps the most essential ingredient for this role is being a consummate communicator who is able to adjust as required. You’ll be dealing with such a diverse array of different people from musical artists, data and insights teams, and different internal departments through to external clients. So being able to understand the nuanced distinctions between them all is critical.
As you can see this is a multi-dimensional role, challenging yet incredibly rewarding.
If you are interested in a confidential chat please contact
Big Wave Digital