Big Wave Digital are excited to be representing such an exciting and innovative Tech Media Business. We are currently looking for a Senior Tester who LOVES all things Testing, Linux and api’s but who also wants to work in an innovative , collaborative and passionate work environment.
Every now and then, and actually more then than now, an amazeballs job pops up on our radar and we stop and really take stock of what we are working on.
I mean there are loads of Senior Tester roles in Sydney but I can honestly say very few of this calibre or uniqueness.
So yes we are excited to say the least!
Big Wave Digital are active in the Tech recruitment space and currently have a terrific role for a Senior Black Box Tester/sys integration that is working for a well-established Tech Media business that is literally writing the next page on how tech media is both served and maintained.
Our client is looking for someone special and to be honest a role like this is not going to suit everyone, so if you fear working on something that is already changing the media tech landscape then perhaps this role is not for you.
They have cool offices that literally look onto Sydney Harbour and offer a friendly, creative, collaborative and high-performance culture.
Our client values:
– smart innovation
– lateral creative thinking to solve problems
– tech game changing ideas
Our client has been around for over 10 years and is growing from strength to strength.
They already have hundreds of thousands of users and its growing!
They are garnering serious recognition for what they have already achieved and what they WILL be doing. This is a hugely exciting space for a techy who loves Testing, Linux, black box testing, sys admin support and generally solving problems.
Ok, so you want to know more, great.
Well perhaps we should cover what skills and experience will get you in the door to say hi.
- Black Box Testing
- Set Top Box testing highly regarded
- Linux command line skills – of course 😉
- SLUNK – a nice to have
- A committed and focused approach to solving Api integration and Testing experience
- Working in time critical or HIGH volume tech environment
- Collaborative tech and high performance environment
- Lateral, smart and creative technical problem solving encouraged
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts, they are a small team within a larger business but growing quickly so your ability to communicate effectively is paramount.
- Automated testing
The role has 5 central areas of focus but is heavily weighted on the Black Box Testing side.
The 5 components of the role are:
- Assist with the testing team to help solve bottleneck ticketed issues
- Assist and provide technical guidance to Technical Business Analysts
- Dealing with the api side of the testing, running scripts
- Black Box Testing – the main part of the role
- Assisting and solving bugs in the system
The role requires a very hands on Senior tester who is happy to roll their sleeves up to solve whatever issues technical or otherwise that needs solving.
You can’t be precious in this role.
The position does not require you to manage anyone but you need to be able to communicate well to different people within the business both who are technical and non-technical.
Perhaps the most important attribute for this role is attitude and being able to solve problems.
Other Benefits of the role:
Free use of their Media Tech offering
High End Coffee Machine
Chilled environment and team
Stunning Harbour Views
Work with super experienced Techs
Training budget to learn new skills or go to an associated industry events
Long tenure as people LOVE working there
Salary range on offer of up to $150k – $160k + super
As you can probably gauge we are genuinely excited about the prospects of finding someone to take on this new Senior Testing role.
Are you up for the challenge? Only the most capable Linux testers guy’s n gal’s need apply!
Send your resume in confidence to Keiran Hathorn