News Corp – A Big Wave Digital Success Story
NEWS CORP – A BIG WAVE DIGITAL SUCCESS STORY
News Corp is Australia’s largest digital content publisher and a unique audience of over 12 million. They’re evolving to harness new opportunities in the digital world.
News Corp have recently undergone a complete “reimagining” of their networks with the arrival of their new digital arm – News Digital Networks Australia (News DNA).
Big Wave Digital was thrilled to help out.
- In 2015/16, News Corp invested heavily into digital & data recruitment as part of ongoing enterprise-wide transformation.
- The plan was to bring the digital and data marketing strategy to the Sydney head office, and then roll it out to Regional and State offices for execution. Previously, each State had their own accountability for strategy.
- In addition, News Corp wanted to have key teams in-house to capture marketing data to use to strengthen marketing plans and reduce external agency spend.
As a preferred supplier of candidates to News Corp, Big Wave Digital was asked to assist with building out two key teams:
- Digital Marketing: Acquisition & Retention
- Data Marketing: Marketing Automation, Reporting, Consumer Insights
Big Wave Digital was tasked with hiring digital & data leaders and mid-level marketing & analytical specialists to execute strategic recommendations.
The Solution and Outcomes
- Big Wave Digital employed our team’s best-practice recruitment project methodologies and talent pooling relevant candidates
- The team set up a solid foundation from the onset – firmly establishing business needs and extensive requirements gathering with News Corp
- The net was cast using internal contacts and global resources to qualify and present best-in-field talent
- Daily and weekly WIP updates and open communication ensured the recruiting stayed on track and assisted with negotiation phases of the project.
Big Wave Digital successfully placed 22 key professional hires across the project period.
These staff ranged in seniority, responsibility and duration (contract and permanent hires).
The project has been successfully deployed across the greater News Corp business and the ROI has been incremental.
Dayna’s team are outstanding in bringing the brightest and best to the table for enterprise wide recruitment projects.
Our clients continually feel assured by Big Wave Digital’s best practice recruiting methodologies and open lines of communication throughout the process.
That’s how Big Wave Digital remains a preferred supplier of talented digital, data and technology staff to valued partners like News Corp Australia.
“Dayna has an appetite for the technical evolution that fuels digital, and the people that steer and drive the market, and as a result builds enduring relationships with high calibre talent.”
“If it’s a digital specialist you need, look no further than Dayna. She understands the smallest of nuance, or the more complex in this evolving market.
I’ve benefited many times from Dayna’s intimate understanding of the digital landscape, and I hope to continue doing so for some time to come.”
Darren Foord, Recruitment Advisor, News Corp Australia
WE’VE GOT SO MUCH TO TELL YOU
Sign up here for Big Wave Digital’s Latest News & Opportunities